BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
This blog is spirited and hopeful, listing all of the thoughts of life, and happenings of the present. I hope you enjoy my atypical point of view on the day to day experiences that stumble my way, not always with the most poise, but always with aspiring elegance.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Mid-Summer Update

     Well, my summer is, I must admit, a bit different from what I had expected.  But then again, is anything ever what we expect?  But it is certainly not a disappointment!  No indeed.  I have been doing exactly what I stated I would do; swimming through bursting blue water, soaking in the sunshine, riding around on my bike, babysitting three little boys, and eating Mint Oreos (but not as many as I would like).  There have been many other events so far this summer; some family quarrels, an unexpected guest that turned into a resident of our home, a first trip to Yummylicious (best place ever!), many movie marathons, a trip to the Gaylord Hotel where we swam and ate like gay lords, late nights with laughter, and the redecorating of our home.  But that isn't mentioning the events to come; a trip to a cabin by the lake with my sisters and soon to be brother-in-law, three birthdays in the same month (not to mention one of them on the Fourth of July...that would be mine), and best of all, a Kesha and LMFAO concert in August...outside!...with great seats!  Not that I will need them, however.  I'll be too busy screaming my head off and dancing my feet into the ground!
     My point being, that although my summer isn't quite as free-bird, in all these events, as I had planned, and I am not as perfectly fit and beautiful (probably from the oreos) as I had depended upon being, I am still happy with it!  The events themselves didn't stray from expectations, just the way I felt while doing them.  But that is good...yes, that is good.  Because that means that I am just Living my summer, instead of watching it with expectant eyes.  I am apart of my summer....apart of the summer.  I am The Spirit of Summer.

0 comments: